APT_ParallelSortMergeOperator,0: Unbalanced input from parti

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vcannadevula
Charter Member
Charter Member

APT_ParallelSortMergeOperator,0: Unbalanced input from parti

Post by vcannadevula »

I am getting the below warnings while execution of the job, job is running on 4 nodes.......Any explanation or how to avoid these errors

APT_ParallelSortMergeOperator: When checking operator: Operator of type "APT_ParallelSortMergeOperator": will partition despite the
preserve-partitioning flag on the data set on input port 0.

APT_ParallelSortMergeOperator,0: Unbalanced input from partition 0: 10000 records buffered

APT_ParallelSortMergeOperator,0: (no further unbalance warnings will be issued for this partition)

AGGR_SNO,0: Hash table has grown to 16384 entries.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

They're not errors, they're messages informing you about what's happening with your data so that you can perhaps optimize buffering and/or partitioning.

See earlier post and/or Search about "will partition despite preserve-partitioning flag".
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vcannadevula
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by vcannadevula »

See earlier post and/or Search about "will partition despite preserve-partitioning

I am looking for an explanation for the other warning like
APT_ParallelSortMergeOperator,0: Unbalanced input from partition 0: 10000 records buffered
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

So Search for "unbalanced input". There's even an FAQ on exactly this.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.