Suggestion abt the certification

Make suggestions regarding the DSX site or the Forum

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I think it is a misprint as well; getting 75 out of 79 that would equate to a score of about 95% and from the sample questions posted they would seem to want a written answer (not multiple-choice) -- thus some responses won't even be 100% correct because the examiners deem the answer to not be complete. Getting a score like that would be quite difficult.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I couldn't find the IBM DataStage exam in the list at Pearson training and asked them about it, and just got the answer
415 is not the Exam Number for any of the IBM exams that we offer. I've also checked through our expired exams, and it never has been. I would suggest you check with IBM as to the correct code for the exam you wish to take
From EMEA support. I've sent them a link to IBM's web page and let's see what they respond.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

ArndW wrote:I think it is a misprint as well; getting 75 out of 79 that would equate to a score of about 95% and from the sample questions posted they would seem to want a written answer (not multiple-choice) -- thus some responses won't even be 100% correct because the examiners deem the answer to not be complete. Getting a score like that would be quite difficult.
They have to separate the certified from the certifiable! :lol:
I've enrolled (which means been placed on a waitlist for) the new advanced DataStage EE class, which is part of the suggested prerequisite training for the certification exam. Don't know when the next one will run - it hasn't been scheduled in this quarter in Australia, but that might just be because it's so new.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

It's 75% because I just got 88% and a pass. Tough exam. Blog is on the way.
Sunshine2323
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Sunshine2323 »

Congratulations :)
Warm Regards,
Amruta Bandekar

<b>If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z, X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut. </b>
--Albert Einstein
balajisr
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by balajisr »

Congrats Vincent :D

--Balaji S.R
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

In a wonderful display of Customer Service effort, I received this response from Pearson VUE:
Sir,
Unfortunately I have to ask you to contact IBM directly to find out which code they use with us. Without the correct code I'm afraid I can't help.

Thank you.

Jonathan Addams
Pearson VUE
after I had passed them the information I had from IBM including their web page URL to the page which announced the certification. You can imagine my response! I recommend using their competition!!!![/quote]
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Now that's what I call customer service! The friendly version of "talk to the hand". It probably took him longer to type that sentence then it would have to click on your link and read the exam number at the IBM site.