voting for the most interesting topics

Make suggestions regarding the DSX site or the Forum

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

BIuser
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by BIuser »

how about voting for the most interesting topics, voted for by the top 10 posters?

most interesting refers to amongst others:
  • - industry related topic that we should benefit from if we read it
    - best datastage topic (i.e. the hash file post that everyone should have read!)
    - best product comparisons
    -
and more if we can come up with more..
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

The interesting topic for one may not be interesting for other.
In general the important/interesting topic apparently will be refered and read my many posters. Many replies, questions, appreciations. You can find a ring revolving such 'Popular posts'
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

This topic was split from this post due to thread hijacking from the original topic.
I hope this was not the reason you voted 4 if indeed you did vote 4.

We must first build a list of popular topics in order to have a poll contest, or to ask members to tell us their favorite and the one getting the highest number of votes will be the winner.
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

I have always wanted a voting button on replies to indicate that a reply was useful or popular. Maybe a rating out of five. Similar to the voting on sites such as Yahoo Answers. This would make the search facility far more effective. I've lost count of the number of times I've searched for an answer to a question and found a few threads that simply said "this question has already been answered, search the archive". In fact sometimes you only get these type of answers and never find the thread with the real answer in it.