Approaches via private email or private message

Make suggestions regarding the DSX site or the Forum

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ray.wurlod
Participant

Approaches via private email or private message

Post by ray.wurlod »

On a number of occasions advice has been posted that approaches made via private email or private message may be regarded as requests to engage professional services.

Could this advice be reiterated in the Contact frame of the profile viewer?

I believe this is where most who undertake these approaches find the email address, so it would be a good place to post the warning.

We're not trying to discourage such approaches, only from those who are after even more freebies than this site already provides.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Do you really think they will go away Ray :roll: :?:
If so I second your request :),
Though I think your in for a big dissapointment :(

People need to realize that those questions are helpfull for other members, thus they belong in the forums and not in their's and your's private message mailboxes.

I guess it's one of those things the #1 of the top 10 has to endure :evil:

I think we might be better off announcing that such messages should be ignored all together.

:idea: Perhaps we can penalize repeated offenders and revoke their send message privilages :?:
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There are few "repeat offenders". I have a standard response, with a copy to admin@dsxchange.com, after which some apologize for stepping over the line. On two occasions my professional services have actually been engaged.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.