New Forum

Make suggestions regarding the DSX site or the Forum

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ray.wurlod
Participant

New Forum

Post by ray.wurlod »

A new forum solely for folks that have attended the DSX Server to Parallel Transition class is desirable. It would help in disseminating any answers to questions, rather than having to maintain email lists.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Ray,

do you wish to limit it to only those who have taken that particular class?
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Ray

We were promised notes for the first class. What happened? I know you are not busy or anything.
Mamu Kim
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Arnd,
If not why a specific Forum?!

If this is a DSX initiaive I'd like to see this forum as part of the primium services once it will be implemented giving access to all that "pay their dues", otherwise I can understand where and why this request comes from, but I can't bring myself to agree with it :(

If this Forum will be created as for Ray's request I trust Ray to not allow questions that should be in the existing forums remain solely there and not available to all members.

I feel this is also a time to once more apreciate Ray's invalueable contribution to this place :)

All said is IMHO,
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

kduke wrote:Ray
We were promised notes for the first class. What happened? I know you are not busy or anything.
You need to take this up with Dennis/Andy. But I think that the notes from the recent class would be better to have, as they cover the same ground in greater detail plus some new ground, and have more structured lab exercises. Only a few typos were found; I'll probably get these corrected in the coming week (two long flights coming up; Boston - Paris followed by Paris - Singapore).
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

ArndW wrote:Ray,
do you wish to limit it to only those who have taken that particular class?
That's my intention - as a chat forum as much as anything. It would only be apposite to post about stuff from the class. Things that ought to be in other forums will still draw that kind of response.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

pump307

That the link in your sig leads to a gambling web site is not, in my opinion, within the bounds of good taste or the intent of this forum. Indeed, had you posted it in my country you would be guilty of an offence. Please remove it.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

The pump307 user is not a genuine forum user, the five posts from this user are meaningless single line messages designed to put the gambling site advertising in front of forum members, I'm sure this person is doing it on a lot of other forums as well. The login and the profile should be deleted by an administrator.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That doesn't achieve much. Is there any way that the email address can be barred?
Editor

Post by Editor »

Sorry guys,

I will have Andy and Walter get on it Monday (our US Central time) morning. A separate forum is a great suggestion for the DS to PX class member, version 1 and 2.

More from us later!

Dennis
PilotBaha
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PilotBaha »

Is there any intention of putting together another class? I couldn't make it to the Ascential World..
Earthbound misfit I..
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There is the intention. The logistics need to be sorted out, particularly for presentation outside the USA. Watch for an announcement, or contact the Editor directly.