SQLServer Login problem

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mak
Participant

SQLServer Login problem

Post by mak »

Hi,

I am getting this following error when i am trying to viewdata/run a job
from a sqlserver source database.

jobXXX.srcXXXX: DSD.BCIConnect connecting to XXXX, call to SQLConnect failed.
SQLSTATE=28000, DBMS.CODE=18456
[DataStage][SQL Client][ODBC][DataDirect][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user ' XXXX'.

I was able import table definitions with same connection information and userid/pwd.

Thanks in Advance
mak
Participant

Post by mak »

Forgot to mention onething, source test database is setup on somebody's desktop.
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

It appears to be that SQL Server has been setup with 'trusted user priviledge'. This is said to be common when you have not upgraded to SP3 on your Windows machine running the SQL Server.

Alternatively, it can be a simple user/password spelt incorrectly.
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

How did you specify the server name in the .odbc.ini file? If you're running SQL-Server on a persons desktop and they're using DHCP, make sure you are using the workstation name in the .odbc.ini and not the IP, as it changes. Yes it worked the day you set it up, but rebooting that workstation or periodic reassignment of IP addresses void your .odbc.ini configuration.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
mak
Participant

Post by mak »

Ken,

Looks like it's not Name/IP address issue. I tried to to import Table definitions now and was able to look at list of tables in that database.

Also tried accessing from MicorsoftAccess setting ODBC connection and was successful to look at the data. In both of the cases i used IP Address in .odbc.ini

And Sai,

and It is not Username/password issue.
Could you please eloberate on 'Trusted user Privilege'. if it was not setup properly how am i able to import tabledefinitions?

Thanks
mak
Participant

Post by mak »

Thanks for your time guys

That was my problem. i had a space in username...

Got it now