Problem searching

Make suggestions regarding the DSX site or the Forum

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Problem searching

Post by chulett »

Or perhaps I should say I'm having a problem displaying search results and I'm wondering if it's me or not.

I can search and get a list of results, but clicking on a topic gets me a 'The page cannot be displayed' error. Something going on with the site? :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This can also occur trying to access a topic from "n new posts", which I guess is a search under the covers.
There is a workaround; you can get to the forum via its link, rather than to the topic via its link. Of course, with new posts they're always at the top; for subject-based searches it's not such a good solution. :cry:
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

It's happening again right now, and I see what is causing the problem. Not sure why, but it is the highlight keyword when working from search results or the 'new' posts on the front page. For example:

Code: Select all

http://www.dsxchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=89648&highlight=distributed
This gives me the 404 error. Remove the '&highlight=distributed' portion and the page comes right up. The new posts all get '&highlight=' appended onto the end of them and so have the same problem when this starts acting up.

Any idea why that might be happening? :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Baldmartyr
Participant

Post by Baldmartyr »

I don't have a quick fix but it shouldn't be long until our upgrade to the latest version of PHPBB is completed which will likely address the problem. If we're still having an issue at that point, I'll dig further under the covers.
David Baldwin
Former DSXchange Webmaster