Premium Services on the DSXchange

Make suggestions regarding the DSX site or the Forum

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

1 WEEK POLL: Tell us your interest level in premium services to the DSXchange. Also please post your thoughts.

51%
33%
12%
4%

Total votes: 101

Baldmartyr
Participant

Re: How to pay to Whom?

Post by Baldmartyr »

tom Sikora wrote:I'm not quite sure how to tell my company how and why to pay how much to whom...

I understand that DSXchange is not a company in the liability sense of corporations. Are we incorporated? Are we (DSXchange) planning to become a corporate entity?
The corporate entity behind the DSXchange is <a href="http://www.dcs-strategies.com">DCS-Strategies</a>. Revenue earned through Premium Services, advertising, etc. would go to DCS.
tom Sikora wrote: Would the premium services make the other services (free exchange) "slide" in its service level?
This has been an oft-voiced concern. Let me assure you, the last thing we want to do is to kill the community by throwing an everybody-must-pay switch or some variation of such. Our goal is to serve users of Ascential products with the hope that our work will raise levels of awareness so that everyone is rewarded with more attractive rates and more engagement opportunities.

We are aggressively searching all possible routes to help offset our cost. We've followed with great interest the response of the community to the idea of 'Premium Services'. Well, more than merely followed, we've visited with community members via email, the board, and phone to get opinions. And make no mistake, there have been an array of opinions!
tom Sikora wrote: Is there a notion of contract expected? Billing? PayPal?(!)
If we do go the Premium Services route we would offer various contract options. Billing would go through our online store and accept a number of different payment options.
tom Sikora wrote: What would the relationship be:
Company to DSXchange?
Company to DSXchange member?
DSXchange member to DSXchange member?
Hmm... as no DSXchange corporate entity will be created these questions really don't apply.
tom Sikora wrote: Where would to money go?
All monies would go to DCS-Strategies to cover current cost (and there are significant costs to maintain this community) and upgrade offerings to the community.
David Baldwin
Former DSXchange Webmaster
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Well,
I guess I found time to look at theese posts a bit late :roll: .
Personally I'm not a self employed consultant, so regarding to pay for services would be on a need basis and ability to sell this to the company I work for or to the customers themselves.
I think this task of selling the idea we need to pay for the services will not be easy since it will be an extra cost beyond the product and the support agreement already paid.
Obviously custom code supplied by theese services or any independant consultants have costs justification.

I just wonder how will the oferings co-exist with those already existing via Ascential chanels?
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org