Viewing the newest posts in an ongoing thread

Make suggestions regarding the DSX site or the Forum

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Viewing the newest posts in an ongoing thread

Post by chulett »

Just thought I'd share this, in case anyone else doesn't know this. I certainly didn't, and had to have it pointed out to me on another board that uses the same software. :oops: Sheesh.

Anyway, when looking at a list of posts, the new ones will not only have the colored icon in the left-hand border to indicate that they are new, there will also be a litte arrow (pointing to the right) and a 'page' icon just to the left of the Thread title. Clicking on the thread title takes you to the first post, but clicking on the little arrow-page icon goodie takes you to the 'Newest Post' in the thread. Very handy for getting to the first new post in the thread since you last logged in.

Enjoy!
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Baldmartyr
Participant

Post by Baldmartyr »

Just out of curiosity, which other forum using the PHPBB software do you frequent? It's helpful to see what others are doing.
David Baldwin
Former DSXchange Webmaster
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

This one. Not a business site, but a clue as to how a great deal of my 'spare' time gets spent. What little I have nowadays, that is. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The Everyday Happenings of Weebl and Sometimes Weebl's Friend Bob forumbut I mainly go there for the animations

The International UniVerse and UniData User Groupforum also uses PHP BB.

Also GalahTech, a community-based technical support site.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.