Differences between hash algorithms

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

eoyylo
Participant

Differences between hash algorithms

Post by eoyylo »

Hi,
I'm trying to create hash file. For Static Hash File there are about 16 different alghoritms named Type2 - Type18.
I'd like to know the differences between the algorithms used during the creation of an hash file.
Can anyone explain me the differences between alghoritms or tell me where i can find information about they?

thanks in advance

regards
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Hash files are Universe database tables, the most comprehensive information will be in the Universe administration documentation on the IBM web site. Have a look at the FAQ on getting documentation about DataStage and follow the link to the IBM site. Look for Universe DB administrator guides. There is also the unsupported utility HFC on your DataStage install CD for hash file configuration.
mleroux
Participant

Post by mleroux »

The topic posted here may prove useful. A search will yield similar information.
Morney le Roux

There are only 10 kinds of people: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
eoyylo
Participant

Post by eoyylo »

Thank you for your information,
vmcburney, can you give me the link about IBM documentation of Unoverse administration?

Thanks in advance

Mario
mleroux
Participant

Post by mleroux »

The link is http://www-306.ibm.com/software/data/u2 ... ry/96univ/

Administering UniVerse is in the list of documentation.
Morney le Roux

There are only 10 kinds of people: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Can't take credit for that one, the big post therein is one of Ken's.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.