Informix CLI Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

CelesteT
Participant

Informix CLI Stage

Post by CelesteT »

QUESTION 1
I have created a job that grabs data from a sequential file and through a transformer, outputs to an Informix database via the Informix CLI stage.
I am having problems viewing the data (Note: the job does not run successfully due to the same error).

The error I've received when I click on the VIEW DATA button is the following:
dfltdescauthcommtypeDB2INITIAL_test..Informix_CLI:
SQLSetConnectOption (SQL_AUTOCOMMIT) failed.
dfltdescauthcommtypeDB2INITIAL_test..Informix_CLI.DSLink1: DSP.Open GCI $DSP.Open error -100.

What does this question mean? How can I resolve it?

QUESTION 2
Basically, I need to create both an input link and output link to the Informix Stage - Writing data to the database and logging the job statistics to a text file through a Shared Container (captures start time, end time of job, # of total records coming from the sequential file and # of records processed successfully). I understand you cannot have both input and output link in an Informix Load / Informix Enterprise Stage. That's the reasoning behind using the Informix CLI Stage.

Is there an easier way to capture the jobs' statistics?

Thanks for all your help!
Amos.Rosmarin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Amos.Rosmarin »

Hi,

For your 1st question, did you check the setnet32 ? It looks like something that comes from your ODBC DSN. It it just the view data or the job fails as well ? Try using another ODBC driver.

The bulk stage activates bulk loader - create control and data files and then uses an informix utility for loading the data. You must devide your jobs, first will load the data using the bulk stage and the other one will do select statistics.
I'm not sure but I think you can not use bulk loader from client machine, you must execute it from the informix server (like onpload).

HTH,
Amos
CelesteT
Participant

Post by CelesteT »

What is the setnet32? How and what do I check for? The job fails all together.