AuditStage error: No columns seen for L0 Domain Analysis

This forum is in support of all issues about Data Quality regarding DataStage and other strategies.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

datastage
Participant

AuditStage error: No columns seen for L0 Domain Analysis

Post by datastage »

I've come across an issue at the very beginning of the process in trying to analyze a database with AuditStage. Under Anlysis...L0 Domain Analysis the "Select Columns for L0 Domain Analysis" child form comes up. The top left correctly displays the tables via ODBC connection to exernal database. However, as I click on any table none of the columns display on the top right box. Can't go any further. I can't think of any special configuration that needs to take place...seems more like a bug than a missed step. I have been able to see columns for other database housed on the same database server

Has anyone seen this error/bug where AS can't see the columns in a table?

environment:
AuditStage 7.0
SQL Server 2000 SP3
Windows 2000
Byron Paul
WARNING: DO NOT OPERATE DATASTAGE WITHOUT ADULT SUPERVISION.

"Strange things are afoot in the reject links" - from Bill & Ted's DataStage Adventure
kntmack
Participant

Post by kntmack »

Have you tried to browse the table thru AuditStage? I've had tables (from iseries400) show up empty as well. To fix, I dropped the table & reattached. I sum it up to a connection problem, but not really sure what/why it happens. If you are leary to drop the table, you could attach the file to a new project within Auditstage.
Brian Sadler
Participant

AuditStage L0 Domain Analysis problesm

Post by Brian Sadler »

Yes I have seen this. Also you can get Oracle table/field names truncated in the L0 Domain Analysis spec dialog.

The solution seems to be to use a different ODBC driver. The Ascential Wire Protocol driver seems to be associated with this problem. Try using The Ascential Oracle v. 5 00 00 88 driver (Data Direct Technologies). I managed to get a copy from the Ascential FTP site (ftp.ascentialsoftware.com). Anonymous log in seems to work, otherwise you will need an id and password from Ascential Support.