Memberlist On DSXchange

Make suggestions regarding the DSX site or the Forum

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Baldo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Memberlist On DSXchange

Post by Baldo »

It is difficult to find particular users. In the Tools4Datastage forum, you were able to find a username (nickname) by the user's first and last names. I couldn't find any facility to do this.

Not only that, if you would like to find the users with particular locations or usernames that lie in the middle of the list (e.g. Starting with the letter M) you must sort by that property and keep clicking the page links (or next button) till you get there. Down the bottom of the Memberlist page, there are links to the first 4 and the last 4. It would be good to have a selector or drop down combo box to be able to guess a page. This could also be solved by implementing a search that has options for all data.

Other than that, great job on the new site.

Regards,

Chris.
Editor

Finding a specific member

Post by Editor »

Chris,

Walter or David will address your question. I have a question of my own. Could you explain what circumstances exist when you need to find a particular user, other than someone who is posting whose name and hyperlinked profile are just one click away?

We are interested in behaviour that was "in the old sites" and what's missing in the new.

Glad the site meets your overall needs, hope we can continue to improve the process as well as the content and experience.

Editor,

Dennis
Baldo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Baldo »

Hi Dennis,

I was looking for a colleague that I have worked with in the past. I wanted to check if they had their e-mail or web page online.

But this is, I guess, an extenuating circumstance. I just thought this worthy of a mention (but not necessarily worth the trouble for a fix).

Chris.