Email to Friend

Make suggestions regarding the DSX site or the Forum

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ray.wurlod
Participant

Email to Friend

Post by ray.wurlod »

I just read a topic that I would like to have emailed to a friend. To achieve this I had to copy the URL from the Address field in the browser and paste it into an email message.
A "send this topic to a friend" link on the Topic viewer page in the Forum would be a useful adjunct.
Editor

Email to a friend

Post by Editor »

Ray,

Just because your have more than 3 times more posts than anyone else doesn't mean we are going to do special stuff for you. :twisted: Pretty soon you are going to want it to make breakfast, like Teej. :D

Seriously, we have featured lookups of old posts, created favorites and search capabilities by the ID number at the end of the url. If Walter can find a "Mod" in PHP that creates an email style transfer, I will probably request that he do so within the "forums" email system, not the client side call. Meaning, you would be able to send the email to someone who is a member of the DSXchange only. Which is what they will have to become to read the url anyway.

Thanks for your comments, thoughts and those 1400+ posts!

Editor.....
Teej
Participant

Re: Email to a friend

Post by Teej »

Editor wrote:Pretty soon you are going to want it to make breakfast, like Teej. :D
Well, right now, lunch would be good...

:P

-T.J.
Developer of DataStage Parallel Engine (Orchestrate).