Edit XML Table Definitions

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

chanaka
Premium Member
Premium Member

Edit XML Table Definitions

Post by chanaka »

Happy Friday, dear experts!

I was wondering if there is any way to invoke the XML Meta Data Importer utility, to update an existing XML Table definition. Apart from the default Properties dialog, I am not able to find any other way. I can recreate it, however the XSD is having ~3000 elements and hence wondering if easier method exists considering the time I have to spend on recreation.

Cheers!

Chanaka
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Edit XML Table Definitions

Post by eostic »

Not sure......I assume you are using the old XMLInput Stage? You are probably better off just putting in the xpath yourself. The old importer was never that good with xsd's anyway...it was far better to use it with actual snippets of xml that you cared about....and keep in mind that you don't need to define everthing in the XMLInput Stage Table def --- just the elements (and their xpath) that matter to you. In fact, its a huge performance hit if you describe everything and then want to only pick a few columns later by dropping the others in a downstream Transformer.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>