Server Jobs Deprecated

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ray.wurlod
Participant

Server Jobs Deprecated

Post by ray.wurlod »

IBM has announced, in the release notes for version 11.7.1 Fix Pack 1, that Server Jobs are deprecated. Support for running server jobs will continue, but the Server canvas will no longer be available in the Designer client. It was never the case that Server jobs were supported in the browser-based DataStage Flow Designer client.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

Is there an official link to an IBM statement on this? Need to forward to some internal customers.
JRodriguez
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by JRodriguez »

Paul,
The information is embedded in the content of below link...search for "Features deprecated in 11.7.1 Fix Pack 1"

https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/new-f ... rsion-1171

Best Regards
Julio Rodriguez
ETL Developer by choice

"Sure we have lots of reasons for being rude - But no excuses
DSUser2000
Participant

Post by DSUser2000 »

This is weird, especially as there is no real substition for the "UserStatus" (afaik) apart from manually reading in the file in the sequence.

From the text in the changes I cannot see that it will already be removed from the Datastage Designer (only no improvements anymore), right? Maybe just someday in the feature in next major release maybe.

Is there anything more planned regarding deprecation of Routines? What happens to the "server-like"-Syntax in the Sequences?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Re: Server Jobs Deprecated

Post by ray.wurlod »

MettleCI is developing a conversion utility, expected delivery by June 2021. Stay tuned.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
JeroenDmt
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by JeroenDmt »

Where did you find that support for running server jobs will continue?
I have not been able to find any reference to that.

Does this also include Basic routines and Basic expressions used in job sequences?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The "continued support for running server jobs" statement came directly from Beate Porst, who is IBM's world-wide product manager for InfoSphere Information Server, during several presentations.
I would assume that it applies equally to server routines called from, and expressions used in, sequence jobs.