Using a CDC datastage conditions

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

browneyedfreak
Participant

Using a CDC datastage conditions

Post by browneyedfreak »

Hi All,

So i am trying to do the following with a CDC followed by a transformer, say when updating an old record i want to keep the old record but flag it to N and insert a new record but flag that as Y. So basically i want to be able to keep the old record but flag it N, and insert and update the old record with say the same id as the old record but different name but flag it Y. so the updated record has a new name and flagged Y but same ID.
I have tried using a copy option in CDC but that doesn't work. Would i maybe have to do a stage variable? or how would the conditions work in a transform if i were to do that?
Right now i have after the CDC a transform stage where i have 2 output links:
1. code 1 and 2 flag Y
2. code 3 flag Y, i am missing the part where i keep the old record but flag it N.

I am loading this into just one dataset.

please help. thank you.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard.

Before I look at your logic may I ask whether you've investigated the Slowly Changing Dimension stage, which can do everything in your post?

Also, by CDC do you mean the Change Capture stage? Or perhaps, the Difference stage?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.