Calculating Data Volumes passing through a DataStage job

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

tbtcust
Premium Member
Premium Member

Calculating Data Volumes passing through a DataStage job

Post by tbtcust »

Hello Everyone.

Does anyone have experience with calculating data volumes in MB?

I have the task of capturing the data volume sent to files, DB, MQ, etc. I have tried using the DSODB. Volume status are not there.

Thanks in advance for any help.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If you can abstract the metadata (for example to a schema file) you can readily calculate the size of each column and the number of columns. From those numbers you get the size of each row (minus transmission overheads but, if you're only interested in data volume, that's not a problem). Multiply by number of rows and you'll get pretty close.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If you can abstract the metadata (for example to a schema file) you can readily calculate the size of each column and the number of columns. From those numbers you get the size of each row (minus transmission overheads but, if you're only interested in data volume, that's not a problem). Multiply by number of rows and you'll get pretty close.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
tbtcust
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by tbtcust »

Hello.

Please help. I'm trying to read reply's to my question

I'm to renew my membership at the link for "Yes, make me a Premium Member at the regular yearly rate of US$99". I keep getting the following "404 (Page Not Found) Error"

I have tried the contact emails for this site but they keep coming back undelivered.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »