Line command compilation of category

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

moughlis
Premium Member
Premium Member

Line command compilation of category

Post by moughlis »

Hi all,

How can I export in DSX a category (with all the jobs in) ?

I already have a batch that does it, but job by job. it takes enough time when I have a large number of jobs in my category cause I have a FOR loop.

I use dsexport.exe.
I have to export on DSX format.

Thank you.
Datastage consultant
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

In Designer's repository view, you can simply right-click on a category and choose export. It will catch everything under that category into the DSX file. If you de-select the option to include dependencies, then the export will go much faster.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
moughlis
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by moughlis »

Thanks for your answer. But I have to do it in command line as I said it in the subject.

Other solution ?

Regards.
Datastage consultant
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

I'm not aware of any command line option to export and create a DSX file based on a category. Maybe someone else knows. If not, then you could open a Request For Enhancement (RFE) with IBM. You could also open a severity-4 support case to ask about it.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius