DataStage Job Reports 403

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jackson.eyton
Premium Member
Premium Member

DataStage Job Reports 403

Post by jackson.eyton »

Hi Everyone,
I am in the process of documenting our nightly processing jobs into a wiki and I wanted to include links to the DataStage generated reports for the jobs. I create the reports and I can view them just fine, but when I embed them into my wiki, those URLs no longer work, citing an HTTP 403 Forbidden error. The odd thing is, this only happens when I click the hyperlink to the report from my wiki, if I copy the hyperlink itself from my wiki and paste in the browser, that works fine. Does anyone know a way around this?
-Me
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Probably something to do with the fact that the user identify of your wiki page is not mapped to having Information Server credentials. Not exactly sure for the moment how you'd achieve this; will give it some thought.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

Perhaps it has to do with Information Server security and browser sessions. It should display OK if it is clicked and opened in an existing session but it should fail if a new browser session is started where you're not already authenticated, although it seems like it should at least give you a chance to enter credentials first.

We did some limited DataStage job report documentation in the past. If you want to make it accessible outside of Information Server security then what we did was to open each job report and manually save it as a PDF by way of printing it and selecting a print driver that saves anything you print as PDF files. Not sure if any of that could be automated or not.

Another workaround would be to just include a thumbnail image in your docs and/or include instructions to log into Director, Designer, Ops Console, or IGC, with steps on how to view the job designs from there.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius