DataStage on Cloud

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

JRodriguez
Premium Member
Premium Member

DataStage on Cloud

Post by JRodriguez »

Hello All,
Anyone having DataStage on the Cloud already? Planning to? We are a big Information server/DataStage shop and looking to take advantage of the new platform for the IGC side of the tool which is evolving at light speed and looking what others, especially in the financial industries, are doing or planning to do...

Please share your experiences

Regards
Julio Rodriguez
ETL Developer by choice

"Sure we have lots of reasons for being rude - But no excuses
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

We are not considering moving any part of our Information Server installations to the cloud. I'm in government. I would say the primary reason is financial. We are able to keep the software current by applying patches as they are released.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
FranklinE
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by FranklinE »

We are moving to AWS, and the current discussion is around using Dell Boomi in place of DataStage. The discussion is still very early, so I have no juicy details to offer yet.
Franklin Evans
"Shared pain is lessened, shared joy increased. Thus do we refute entropy." -- Spider Robinson

Using mainframe data FAQ: viewtopic.php?t=143596 Using CFF FAQ: viewtopic.php?t=157872