Datastage closes all the time

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

fmartinsferreira
Participant

Datastage closes all the time

Post by fmartinsferreira »

My installation always worked very well, from a few days to here DataStage Designer opens the job, I can open some stage, I edit that and when I give ok to compile the datastage it close and the job stay lock.

Has anyone had this problem?

I already uninstall and re-install and it did'nt fix the problem.

Regards,

Fernando
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Any idea what changed to make this start, O/S patches perhaps? Another suspect might be anti-virus. But I would think in either case a re-install would get you back on track. I would try it one more time but this time nuke it from orbit, it's the only way to be certain. :wink:

Specifically:

1. Uninstall the client
2. Remove any remnants of the install directory from your hard drive
3. Use regedit to remove the entire hive / set of entries for DataStage from your registry
4. Reboot
5. Re-install the client

Sometimes that is what it takes. If you're not familiar with regedit and the Windows registry, get some help with that step.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

6. Reboot again after installing

You could also try from another client machine or virtual desktop. Perhaps you have some conflicting software on your client.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
fmartinsferreira
Participant

Post by fmartinsferreira »

chulett wrote:Any idea what changed to make this start, O/S patches perhaps? Another suspect might be anti-virus. But I would think in either case a re-install would get you back on track. I would try it one more time but this time nuke it from orbit, it's the only way to be certain. :wink:

Specifically:

1. Uninstall the client
2. Remove any remnants of the install directory from your hard drive
3. Use regedit to remove the entire hive / set of entries for DataStage from your registry
4. Reboot
5. Re-install the client

Sometimes that is what it takes. If you're not familiar with regedit and the Windows registry, get some help with that step.
Fixed, thanks!
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

8)
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers