How to Read a SAS file in Datastage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sarathchandrakt
Participant

How to Read a SAS file in Datastage

Post by sarathchandrakt »

Hi,

I have never worked on SAS and now we have a requirement to read data from SAS dataset. There is not much online that could help. I got access to SAS datasets using the SAS Enterprise Guide. Here are the details I have. When I logged into SAS Enterprise Guide, it asked me to create profile. I gave my server name (let's say ABCD01), port (1234), User ID and Password. Then I saw my Server alias under 'Servers'. When I click on it, I see all the Libraries which have the Datasets. So considering I have Server Name, Port, User ID, Passsword, Library(Lets say 'Maps') and Dataset Names(Lets say 'Country'), how do I call this dataset in Datastage?

Thanks in advance. Any help is appreciated.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Do you not have the appropriate processing stage(s) installed? From what I recall there should be a SAS Stage and a SAS Enterprise Stage available. Hmmm... or it may have been a SAS Parallel Data Set stage?

Perhaps this might help as well. Looks like it can be a bit more complicated than just simply using a stage... but then I've got zero SAS experience. I'm sure others will pop in with actual helpful comments.
:wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
sarathchandrakt
Participant

I do have SAS Stage and SAS Parellel Dataset stage. Though, Looks like Parellel Dataset stage accepts only .ds files.

I downloaded the SAS file and placed it on Datastage server and copied the code from here and tried to read the file using SAS stage. I got an error.

My code:
sas -source 'libname /opt/fitb/ISSuite/IS/Data/SAS_Test/test.sas7bdat';
DATA liborch.out_data;
RUN;
-output 0 out_data
-schemaFile 'sas_schema'
-workingdirectory libname /opt/fitb/ISSuite/IS/Data/SAS_Test/

Error:
Wrapper: Error loading "orchsasop": Could not load "orchsasop": Could not load module .
System error: No such file or directory
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You did see, in the topic that you referenced, that you need SAS installed on the DataStage server for that to work, yes?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
sarathchandrakt
Participant

Yes. We were miss communicated that SAS is installed on the DS Server. It was not installed and the Admin's are working on it now.

Also, is there a way/code where we can access the SAS Dataset directly by connecting to server instead of someone else downloading and sending us the dataset?