Email Notification activity sending AT000001.txt

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Naren12345babu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Email Notification activity sending AT000001.txt

Post by Naren12345babu »

HI

I am sending a PDF attachment using Notification activity in the sequence job.

But along with PDF attachment, I am receiving an Empty File attached with name ATT00001.txt

I went through one of the Posts where it was written that there is nothing to do with datastage, it is Microsoft Xchange settings that create this file.

However, When I send some attchment from unix directly, then this extra file is not getting attached.

Any solution to avoid this extra file attachment.
Thanks
Naren Babu Ch
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

What utility did you use at the UNIX command line?

My advice if you don't find a solution... don't worry about it. They are easily ignored. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
DSUser2000
Participant

Post by DSUser2000 »

In your Server/Projects/<Projectname> folder, you will find a file called "dssendmail_template.txt" (you should call it "dssendmail.txt" when you use it so that it survives patches/upgrades). This is the script that is called by datastage when a mail is sent. It is more or less a normal unix script so you can use this to debug your error (you can use "echo" to put out messages to the datastage sequence log or you can also output to the filesystem!) and fix it :D
You will find detailed documentation about how to use it inside the file.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I vaguely recall having had this problem once as well. I recall it was when using Microsoft Outlook Servers and it was a setting there which caused this. Are you using Outlook?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I would assume so as it is a fairly notorious Outlook / Exchange server issue. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers