XML stage error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

yliu@mitre.org
Premium Member
Premium Member

XML stage error

Post by yliu@mitre.org »

Hi,
My job design: input: OraConnector -> XML Stage
OraConnector -> XML stage
output: ISD output with JSON data
The same job works with DEVL database, but not INTG database.
The data in INTG database must contain special characters( non-printable characters). I use regexp_replace(achievement_name, '( *[[:cntrl:]])', '') in my query trying to remove the non-printable characters but still does not work.
Any advice, really appreciate!

Here is the error message:
XMLStage 3.0, Build Number: 9.1.0.0.575
Message bundle error Can't find resource for bundle com.ibm.e2.Bundle_E2_engine_msgs_en_US, key E2ILParseException.errorDuringDocumentCreation
main_program: Fatal Error: [Input link 0] ErrorDuringDocumentCreation cause = 'java.util.InvalidPropertiesFormatException'

thanks!
Jane
Jane liu
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

In your shoes I wouldn't make any assumptions about what the error means. If no-one comes around that has actually dealt with this "InvalidPropertiesFormatException" before then I would suggest you involve you official support provider. Or do that while you wait. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Likely anything could happen if you have truly invalid characters, but as Craig notes, perhaps they have nothing to do with it. Personally, if I has suspect characters I would pass the data thru a Basic Transformer and use a nested ereplace() to zap whatever I have......usually by identifying the offending characters and their replacement using char(nn) which represents a decimal.

.....like replacing char(00) with char(20) for example.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
yliu@mitre.org
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by yliu@mitre.org »

Thank you for your quick response. I have been seeking IBM support, but have not got any progress yet.
After several tries, I agree with you. It might not be the data issue. Because the web service called the used-to-worked job (DEVL DB) again, it does not work any more with the same error.
Jane liu
UCDI
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by UCDI »

we had some similar but different errors when someone updated java on our server... you could ask if anyone 'fixed' anything lately.