EE Job param TYPE Encrypted makes the value Base64 encoded?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ffsw13
Premium Member
Premium Member

EE Job param TYPE Encrypted makes the value Base64 encoded?

Post by ffsw13 »

Greetings,

Trying to call a RESTful web service doing s GET http method in a hierarchical stage; nothing fancy, no request input expected, and response is a text string that returns a status code. Have specified the required authentication header provided, however the username:password pair authentication encoding type is expected to be Base64 encoded. From the long list of authentication encoding types available on the Configuration tab in the Web Services REST Step in the assembly editor, of course that one is not an option..

Question: If I parameterize the username:password as job parameters and type them as Encrypted does that makes the values Base64 encoded?

TIA,

ff
The UNIVERSE is vast and expansive
I never Metadata I didn't like
ffsw13
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ffsw13 »

Problem solved. Turns out the name/value pair I had entered for the custom authentication header, was incorrect based on my interpretation of it. Once I fixed that, we were good. As for the Base64 encoding requirement on the creds, not sure how that was satisfied under the covers as I was using a UTF-8 map but alas I'm good!
The UNIVERSE is vast and expansive
I never Metadata I didn't like