Transformer is not compiling

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rebamu
Participant

Transformer is not compiling

Post by rebamu »

Hi All,

I am working on migrating jobs from 8.7 to 11.5 we have some transformer stages that are not compiling. Kindly help me.

in the below error the path highlighted in bold(/dsd/fep/lib) is not available in unix but still it is taking that value, not able to understand from where that value is being taken.

checked the admin params and dsenv but still not able to find it.

Error Details

##W IIS-DSEE-TOSH-00049 09:16:50(007) <main_program> Parameter specified but not used in flow: DSPXWorkingDir
##E IIS-DSEE-TBLD-00076 09:16:50(008) <main_program> Error when checking composite operator: Subprocess command failed with exit status 256.
##E IIS-DSEE-TFSR-00019 09:16:50(009) <main_program> Could not check all operators because of previous error(s)
##W IIS-DSEE-TFTM-00012 09:16:50(010) <transform> Error when checking composite operator: The number of reject datasets "0" is less than the number of input datasets "1".
##W IIS-DSEE-TBLD-00000 09:16:50(011) <main_program> Error when checking composite operator: Output from subprocess: /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lEdit

##W IIS-DSEE-TBLD-00000 09:16:50(012) <main_program> Error when checking composite operator: Output from subprocess: collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

##I IIS-DSEE-TBLD-00079 09:16:50(013) <transform> Error when checking composite operator: g++ -L/datastage/projects/pname/RT_BP2.O/ -L/dsd/fep/lib/ -L/opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/PXEngine/lib -L/opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/PXEngine/user_lib -shared -m64 -lorchx86_64 -lorchcorex86_64 -lorchbuildopx86_64 -lEdit /datastage/projects/pnamev/RT_BP2.O/V94S0_CALL1_XFMR_HTTP_ENCODING.tmp.o -o /datastage/projects/pname/RT_BP2.O/V94S0_CALL1_XFMR_HTTP_ENCODING.so.
##E IIS-DSEE-TCOS-00029 09:16:50(014) <main_program> Creation of a step finished with status = FAILED. (CALL1.XFMR_HTTP_ENCODING)
Rebe
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

So... some jobs with transformer stages are not compiling or all jobs with transformer stages in them do not compile?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
rebamu
Participant

Post by rebamu »

Some transformers only are not compiling
Rebe
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Okay... so what do these jobs / transformers have in common? Are they all calling some kind of custom routine? That's what the error message you posted is implying to me when it mentions "V94S0_CALL1_XFMR_HTTP_ENCODING.so". Perhaps it's missing / wasn't migrated / needs to be recompiled? :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Can you please check that your C++ compiler licence has not expired?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kalyhot
Participant

Re: Transformer is not compiling

Post by kalyhot »

rebamu wrote:Hi All,

I am working on migrating jobs from 8.7 to 11.5 we have some transformer stages that are not compiling. Kindly help me.

step finished with status = FAILED. (CALL1.XFMR_HTTP_ENCODING)
I faced the same issue, you have to install visual C++ 2010 express edition and be sure that this environement variable system is added

var VS100COMNTOOLS

value c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\Tools\

for all the verifications must see this
https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/datas ... ndows-2008
kalyhot DS certified 9 Developper
kalyhot
Participant

Post by kalyhot »

I faced the same issue, you have to install visual C++ 2010 express edition and be sure that this environement variable system is added

var VS100COMNTOOLS

kalyhot
Participant

Post by kalyhot »

var VS100COMNTOOLS

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Your advice to install Visual C++ on a Linux system is singularly unhelpful.

Actually it's trebly unhelpful, since you posted it three times.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.