Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

brendomac
Premium Member
Premium Member

Best practice for copying a ruleset

Post by brendomac »

Hi,

I am learning the ins and outs of rule designer. I am looking at using the inbuilt name rule (AUNAME) to investigate to different files, both with different structures for a name field.

I am doing this through the standardise function, then the AUNAME ruleset.

My question is: Since the format of the name is different in each file and I want to add an override that applies to each individually but not both, do I need to create a copy of the AUNAME set, or can I restrict what override applies to each file so that I do not need to make a copy of the ruleset?

For example:
File A has Firstname Middle Name. e.g Mary Sally (FF) I override this so it goes to first name then middlename
File B has Firstname Alias. e.g John George (FF) I would want this to go to first name then alias.

So both have two firstnames, both need overrides, the override pattern is the same (FF), but the output is different.

Many thanks
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

This sounds like a QualityStage question... yes?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Yes. Please move it.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
brendomac
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by brendomac »

Is moving the post something I can do, or do you mean that the admins move it? Thanks.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Done.
-craig

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Now hopefully someone can answer your question...
-craig

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Best practice for copying a Rule Set is to use the Designer client.

Right click on AUNAME.SET and choose Create a Copy. This will create copies of all the objects in AUNAME rule set. You can rename and, optionally, move to a different folder. When you rename CopyOfAUNAME.SET, all the other copied objects are also renamed.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

So... that addresses the subject of the question but not the substance of it. Hopefully more help will be coming. :wink:
-craig

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If the number of exceptions is small, you could use an input text override.

Otherwise the only way to make new conditional pattern-actions is to edit the pattern action language for the rule set.

Pattern action language for out-of-the-box rule sets is read only, so you need to make a copy. However your copy can handle both (and, indeed, any scenario).
frolen
Participant

Post by frolen »

I read reviews about this Essays.Assigncode resource and realized that in general, this exchange of educational works is now one of the best options for ordering an essay. It seems to me that every day more and more students trust their work to authors on this resource. Guys, who among you ordered an essay there? Did you like the result you got?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No. I believe in academic honesty, in submitting only my own work.

I doubt you will find much such work related to QualityStage Rule Sets in any case.