Simple vs. Advanced User-Named Table

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

rocjr
Participant

Simple vs. Advanced User-Named Table

Post by rocjr »

I need a clearer understanding of the user named tables and how IA treats them.

I ran a business rule that generates output into a user named table. I want to run a column analysis (CA) on the resulting table and possibly run additional rules against that data.

I thought I needed an Advanced User-Named table. However when I created that type of table, I was not able to run a CA, in fact to the CA, the Advanced User-Named table was empty.

When I ran the rule, I was able to view output and then view the details. On the Result tab, I was able to see the statistics and there was data in the output grid. Note that in the Analysis Database settings I have checked "Automatically register user-defined data rules output tables as project data source".

When I run a CA on that advanced User-Named table, it completes and under the records column it has zero, there is no frequency distribution, etc...

Now, if I change the output table in the rule to Simple User-Named table, everything for the rule output is the same as above. When I run a CA, the table contains data and I get results from the CA.

One other note, after the rule runs, if I go to table management in the project, the user named table is there. In the case where it is an Advanced user-named table, if I open the table, it is empty. In the case where it is a Simple User-Named table and I open it, it contains data.

It appears that the data is actually in two places: wherever the rule output is and then wherever the CA is looking for the data.

I would like to understand how this is working and also confirm if this is normal behavior (meaning we have things set up correctly).

Thanks in advance for any input on this topic.
roc