Xmeta query to get list of all assets changed or modifed

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dsdoubt
Participant

Xmeta query to get list of all assets changed or modifed

Post by dsdoubt »

Greetings DSxcians!

I wanted to collect the list of all components including (*.pjb, *.qjb, *.sjb, *.prt, *. srt, *.tbd etc) which got Created or Modified within the last 24 hours.
I am able to see few options here but all provide for only Jobs. I would like to get it for all the components, including Jobs, routines, Transforms etc.

Along with the path and extensions of the component.

Any pointers? There is an ITEMS table which gives the complete list, but wouldn't give me the path or extensions. Do I need to join? Has anyone worked it out yet?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Why not just get Metadata Workbench to effect a search filtered on date/time modified? You can turn the result of this search into a report.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
DrackThor
Participant

Post by DrackThor »

Hi - yeah just use some MWB queries to get all changed objects.
You can use the asset hierarchy at this point.
E.g. you don't have to get jobs, stages, projects separately, just query the assets with lowest granularity, e.g. link and get the job, project,.. information of this asset.
Same for database, table, column..
This way you won't need that many queries 8)
For objects like tableDefs, Routines, etc. I'm afraid you will need a query for each.
Before you start to build all the queries, you should ask yourself if you really need "all" changed objects..