Calling ISD job with another job

Dedicated to DataStage and DataStage TX editions featuring IBM<sup>®</sup> Service-Oriented Architectures.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

pbttbis
Premium Member
Premium Member

Calling ISD job with another job

Post by pbttbis »

Hi,

I currently have a working job with both an ISD Input and Output.

I am able to post to the job successfully with the WizTool REST Client using an URL encoded string.

I am now trying to setup a job that I can use to benchmark performance and simulate some workloads. Do things such as submit 100 request and hour etc

Problem is in my benchmark job read the URL encoded string contained in a sequential file correctly (same string I know works with the REST test client), but the ISD job always receive an empty input. I am passing the URL encoded string via the hierarchical stage with a REST POST step.

Is there any sort of limitation on using DataStage jobs to call another ISD job on the same server? I can see based on the ISD job log that the job is being called.

Thanks,

Shaun
PBT TBIS Consultant
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

No....there isn't any way for it to know the difference. More likely there is some kind of issue going on with the Hierarchical Stage on its own. You "might" get some value with the tracing options at the Stage setting level. I haven't looked to see if REST payloads are put into the trace, but perhaps they are.

The tracing has several levels, and then writes into the DS log the detailed location where it was written.....it can be VERY voluminous.

Not sure that will help, but it may be worth trying.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>