Connecting to sql server using Windows Authentication

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

Have you tried downloading the newest 7.x ODBC drivers from IBM Support Fix Central? Supposedly there is enhanced support in those for domains. Not sure if that will help. Microsoft tends to invent things that just cause problems!
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
nishantrk
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by nishantrk »

Yes We are using IBM Data Direct sql wire 7.1.3 drivers
electajay
Participant

Re: Connecting to sql server using Windows Authentication

Post by electajay »

Correct me if I am wrong here, Datastage ==> SQL (Windows AD authentication will not work )

you need to have local account or ID created on the SQL Server side and try it

if you have security team, they will create that Generic ID on SQL Server and maintain the password.

we are following the same process for couple of years now. its working fine

Thanks
Ajay
A Kumar
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

The last time I tried this was about 2 years ago, and our only solution was to have a local SQL-Server user configured which we then used directly rather than through Windows Authentication.
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

That is what we do also, however, the 7.x ODBC drivers for Linux/UNIX claim to support Windows/domain authentication for SQL Server as a new feature...
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by I_Server_Whale »

Anything that won't sell, I don't want to invent. Its sale is proof of utility, and utility is success.
Author: Thomas A. Edison 1847-1931, American Inventor, Entrepreneur, Founder of GE