Multiple messages at project level Message handler

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dsdoubt
Participant

Multiple messages at project level Message handler

Post by dsdoubt »

Perhaps Iam missing something here.

In Admistrator Client, under Prallel tab, under under Message handler for parallel jobs, Iam able to select one of the named Message handler from the drop down list.
That particular message handler is getting applied to all the jobs project wide.

But I wanted to apply multiple message handler for the project wide.
How would I do it.

If I select the other message handler, from the drop down, the prevous one does not stays effective.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Just guessing here, but if that uses standard Windows functionality you should be able to shift-click to select a range or control-click to select multiple individual entries. Any chance that works?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You can only have one. Build that Message Handler to handle all of the message IDs that you need to handle.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by priyadarshikunal »

I think you can even copy paste content of all message handler files in to one file as its nothing but a tab delimited file then select that file as project level message handler.
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink: