Import WSDL file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kavuri
Premium Member
Premium Member

Import WSDL file

Post by kavuri »

Hi, I received a WSDL file from SalesForce vendor and I am trying to import this file from DataStage Designer, when I do this the designer freezes itself and need to close it. have anyone experienced this?

Also are there any limitations on number of columns we can pass?

Appreciate any insights.

Thanks
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Hard to say...it could be for many reasons, but the WSDL importer is designed for simple request/response row oriented web services. Even if it imports, it is likely that the SF.com WSDL you are looking at will be too complex for the regular Stages. This is why there is the SF.com Pack...because the patterns and requirements for communicating with SF.com include complex constructs as well as complex patterns (an authentication call, invocations to get rows...optional stateful conditions so that you can get "more" rows and more "pages", etc.).

Try importing a known and very simple web service first and see if that works, just to determine that there isn't something more simple that is broken in your installation.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

I hit a known issue on 8.7 related to the WSDL import function. It required a client side patch to be installed for DataStage Designer before any WSDL could be imported. I am not on 8.7 now, however, being a "known issue" means you can search on various key words and find the path to download the patch. Good luck!!
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
kavuri
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kavuri »

Thank you.

I will check with IBM to see if we can get a patch. We are on 8.5 version.

If we get a SF pack on DataStage does that solve this issue? Even with SF pack do we need to import the WSDL same way?

Another question I have is we need to load SF with almost 10K records with almost 80 columns and need to import even much larger data. My friends suggested me to use "Dataloader.jar" and call this from command line. Does anyone used this utility on DS server? What it takes to install and use it? Are there any costs involved?

Thank you.