problem with change capture/apply stages and CLOB column

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

iq_etl
Premium Member
Premium Member

problem with change capture/apply stages and CLOB column

Post by iq_etl »

Hello,

I've got another one for y'all. We have a job that reads in a dataset, does change capture against the Oracle table, and then applies the changes back to the Oracle table. It includes one column which is a CLOB in Oracle and a LongNVarChar in DataStage. It works fine, except that every time it thinks that every record has changed. I've narrowed down the problem to this specific column, because if it's excluded that behavior ceases. There are no changes or transformations to the column between the change capture and the final update - it is defined exactly the same all the way through.

I did find one reference in DataStage documentation to possible truncation of LOB columns with CDC, so I tried adding a length of 6000 bytes (the max expected), but that made no difference. There is a Trim function applied to it *before* the change capture stage.

Any advice would be appreciated.