ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Shravani
Participant

ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1

Post by Shravani »

We are extracting data from an oracle source using OCI connector. Its a nightly load job and has been running fine from past couple of years. The below wrror message has popped up yesterday.

Method: OCISessionBegin:OCI_CRED_RDBMS, Error code: 604, Error message ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1
ORA-12899: value too large for column "SYS"."STATS$USER_LOG"."HOST" (actual: 33, maximum: 30)
ORA-06512: at line 4. (CC_OraConnection::verifyConnection, file CC_OraConnection.cpp, line 2,856)

Please help me with this :(
Shravani
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Welcome.

In your shoes I'd be chatting with your DBA for errors like that. Obviously something has changed and seems to me they could help track that down once you show them what you are doing in the Connector.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Shravani
Participant

Post by Shravani »

Thanks Chulett,

I just spoke with the DBA of our source system from where we are extracting the data and it is caused by some auditing that was enabled last week (host name too long for auditing table).

:) :)
Shravani