Error in webservices client

Dedicated to DataStage and DataStage TX editions featuring IBM<sup>®</sup> Service-Oriented Architectures.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

bicap
Premium Member
Premium Member

Error in webservices client

Post by bicap »

Hi

While reading data from share point using webservices getting the below error message.
Any one have idea about this.

Error Message:

Code: Select all

"Fatal Error: Fatal: 0026`:`com.ascentialsoftware.wsclient.xml.DerivationParser$NameExpectedException: Rule [2] "/ns1:GetListItems/ns1:viewFields/*", invalid token; element or attribute name expected."
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Has the Job been working and now is failing? ..or is this a new web service?
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
bicap
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bicap »

Thanks for Reply.
This is new web service.
I need call the below servvice.

Code: Select all

GetListItems(string listName, string viewName, System.Xml.XmlNode query, System.Xml.XmlNode viewFields, string rowLimit, System.Xml.XmlNode queryOptions, string webID)
I am confused about the "System.Xml.XmlNode viewFields" column what type of data should i pass as input??
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Search the forum here. There are lots of posts on web services, especially running them for the first time. I have some posts here also that you might want to look at (www.dsrealtime.com ...look in the table of contents for posts on web services).

It is critical that you are able to execute the service and know the calling sequence and its requirements for input as well as output. Use a tool like SOAPui; find and speak with the author of the service.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>