XML Data formatted

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Nagaraj
Premium Member
Premium Member

XML Data formatted

Post by Nagaraj »

I am trying to write data from the webservice to the target sequential file stage in .txt, the content would be XML output from webservices, then i am trying to read the file thru xml input stage, Now the problem i see is the sequential file generated is not a complete xml file, the data is half truncated or incomplete, i am not able to open the file in browser.

Error at the bottom of the browser with some contents shown properly

Code: Select all

The XML page cannot be displayed 

Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later. 

PS: i dont want to correct the problem manually, i want this to happen in datastage itself. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

End tag 'ax' does not match the start tag 'ax21:methodId'. Error processing resource 'file:///C:/Documents and Settings/vir...

<ax21:onInsert>false</ax21:onInsert><ax21:onSelect>true</ax21:onSelect><ax21:onUpdate>false<...
>ax21:onUpdate>true</ax21:onUpdate> 
  <ax21:sequence>2</ax21:sequence> 
  </ns:return>
- <ns:return xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:type="ax21:ObjectMethod">
  <ax21:defaultValue xsi:nil="true" /> 
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Look for an end tag "ax" rather than "ax21".
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Your output is probably getting truncated. Use only one big column on the output link. Something like "myResponse" with longvarchar and length of 999999. Go to the message tab of the output tab and pick your one single column from the user-defined-message pull down. Send the output to a sequential stage with delimeter of none and quote character of none. Check it out.

If that fails test it in a server job instead. Server jobs are much more liberal in issues with long variable text strings.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>