Failed to load webservice M'aider M'aider

Dedicated to DataStage and DataStage TX editions featuring IBM<sup>®</sup> Service-Oriented Architectures.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

Pikty
Participant

Failed to load webservice M'aider M'aider

Post by Pikty »

Hi there,
I'm using DS 8.1 Server (server on UNIX and client on Windows 7) and I currenty stuck on the import step of a webservice (certainly soap 1.2) as there are no webmethods returned when I load the wsdl file using the WebService Meta Data Importer (using the http://....?wsdl).

When I save the wsdl file locally and try to load it from the Meta data importer I receive an error message showing:

There is an error in XML document (8, 14).

A schema with the namespace '' has already been added.

Source : System.Xml
Target Site : System.Object Deserialize(System.Xml.XmlReader, System.String, System.Xml.Serialization.XmlDeserializationEvents)
Win32/COM code: 0x0

at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, XmlDeserializationEvents events)
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader)
at System.Web.Services.Description.ServiceDescription.Read(XmlReader reader)
at AscentialSoftware.WebServices.WSMDI.Description.Binder.Read(XmlTextReader xmlReader)
at AscentialSoftware.WebServices.WSMDI.WSDLExplorer.RefreshTreeView(XmlTextReader reader)

Could you help there please. I read somewhere there is a way to load the webmethod manually to DataStage... could you point me to the right direction please.

Thanks in advance
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Hard to say..that is now a pretty old release, and there were definitely some improvements along the way that eased the ability to import certain WSDL. Do you have access to an 8.5 or an 8.7 to at least test and see?

The underlying technology didn't change much, but the inability to import the WSDL at all makes it difficult. I haven't ever tried manually building the Table Definitions that contain the detailed metadata for a Web Service...not sure if it is possible at all.

I suppose you could review and compare the Table Definitions that are created when you import a WSDL that works, and see if you can craft them by hand for yours? There may be hidden properties though, so not sure if that would work at all.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
Pikty
Participant

Post by Pikty »

eostic wrote:Hard to say..that is now a pretty old release, and there were definitely some improvements along the way that eased the ability to import certain WSDL. Do you have access to an 8.5 or an 8.7 to at le ...
No way. This is the current version used by the company.

ARchh I'm pretty sure there is a way to around this ! Someone...
Pikty
Participant

Post by Pikty »

All right I get ride of it by defining manually the Web Service Information (adding the Service name, operation name, port address...)
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Congrats. I haven't had to do that because of an error...nor had seen that particular error...glad that got around whatever that error is...
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>