ODBC connection not able to connect in datastage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

SagarMelam
Participant

ODBC connection not able to connect in datastage

Post by SagarMelam »

We have an sql server as database for a source system.The data connection has been setup for the same.While i am able to connect it through toad but when trying to connect in datastage through import wizard, i am getting timed out error.so can anyone let me know what is the exact problem

cheers,
Sagar
Sagar
cfuller
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by cfuller »

Have you checked your .odbc.ini and uvodbc.config files are setup correctly on your server??

You can use the DS_CONNECT command from a universe command prompt within your project directory to confirm if you have setup your config correctly. I.E. locate directory where project is on file system, and cd to that location, check uvodbc.config entry in this location for an entry to your database, as setup in '.odbc.ini', enter 'uvsh', and you should go into Universe command line, then enter 'DS_CONNECT 'DBNAME', and provide credentials. This will ensure connectivity from DS Engine, not from your client through Toad. Post back results if you are still having problems.
Regards
Chris Fuller

"Reality is what refuses to go away when you stop believing in it"