Connect to sap hr

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

times29
Premium Member
Premium Member

Connect to sap hr

Post by times29 »

Hi,
Currently we extract from Oracle and db2 databases going forward we need to extract from SAP HR i am looking under Database palette can't see any SAP database so how we connect to SAP databases then?

Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You probably need to buy/licence the SAP R/3 Pack from your reseller.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Does SAP have its own proprietary database? I thought it sat on top of Oracle or whatever RDBMS that you'd like. :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

I think you need an experience ETL architect who knows how SAP and DataStage work. SAP does have an underlying database engine and there is a SAP Pack for DataStage that requires an additional purchase. You need to work out if you are going for direct database access or through the SAP application layer. You need to work out how you identify delta data sets. You need to work out who gives you access to the SAP system and what dev/test/prod environments are available.