Update all versions for Type1 using SCD in 8.7

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kaps
Participant

Update all versions for Type1 using SCD in 8.7

Post by kaps »

I am configuring SCD stage but would like to update all prev versions for Type-1 columns and have few of them in the table.

My plan is to map columns from both source and reference for the Type1 columns in Fast Path 5 of 5 and then write to a Fact File not the Dim File. In next job, compare both before and after values for each type-1 column and create separate files for each column with Natural Key(aka Business key) and update the table as a last step.

Is there a better way of doing this other than brute force method of updating everything or this method ? I did not like the fact that I need to create a file for a Type1 column. This could be ugly if there are more Type1 columns.

Appreciate any input...
kaps
Participant

Post by kaps »

I found out a way to not create many files by using transformer and updating directly on the table but this may cause table locks...
Can Link Order resolve this issue ? In this situation one record may go to more than one update links. How does the link order works ? Does it hold the record for 2nd and 3rd stages when 1st stage is updating ?