Are you able to read/write topics? Errors on many forums...

Make suggestions regarding the DSX site or the Forum

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Are you able to read/write topics on the forums listed?

Yes
82%
No
19%

Total votes: 200

qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Are you able to read/write topics? Errors on many forums...

Post by qt_ky »

I'm beginning to think my DSXchange ID is the only ID having any problem, so I'm taking a poll... (Please don't move this topic to a forum I won't be able to access.)

Forums: FAQ, Editor's BLOG Corner, Talent, Looking for Talent, Parameter Manager, Compile All Plus, Usergroup Central Forum, Heartland Usergroup Forum
Action: Clicking on any topic to read it
Error: Sorry, but only users granted special access can read topics in this forum.

Forum: FAQ Discussion
Action: Post new topic
Error: Sorry, but only users granted special access can read topics in this forum.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I'm not sure I'm a good person to be responding (what with my superpowers and all, LOL) but did want to point out a couple of things. Some of the forums are locked and they have a padlock included in their icon:

Archive of DataStage Users@Oliver.com
Talent
Parameter Manager
Compile All Plus

Locked forums can be visited and everyone should be able to read posts there but no other actions can be taken. Some forums are 'member only' forums and are typically in the Usergroup Forums section:

Usergroup Central
Kim Duke's Forum
Heartland Usergroup Forum
DataStage Server to Parallel

Again, anyone should be able to see them but you can only read or post if you are a member of that forum. Attempting to do so without membership gets you the messages noted.

There is also at least one forum in the Editor's Choice category that I believe can only be seen by members.

Now Eric, it does seem that the woes you have been having are for some reason unique to your id. No clue why and (as you know) my attempts to get you some help have been fruitless thus far. AFAIK, anyone should be able to read posts in the forums you listed. And we get enough posts in the wrong dang forums (like FAQ Discussion) that I know others can post there. I'll be curious what replies you get, curious to see if other have any kind of similar issues.

Can you read/post into the Site/Forum forum? That's really where this should be but I won't move it there if you've been banned from it as well. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

:idea: People, if you are voting No (and I see we have some already) and the ones you can't access are not locked or member only forums that you aren't a member of, can you please include a comment as to the specific forums you are having an issue with?

Thanks.
-craig

qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

As Craig suggested:

If you vote No (not able to), please leave a comment to confirm which forum you have an issue with.

One correction, for posting onto the FAQ Discussion, the error is:

Sorry, but only users granted special access can post topics in this forum.

I understand the padlock icons, but it's good you highlighted that. I thought I should still be able to read posts from some of those forums.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

I just checked site/forum and I can read/write there ("can able to..." :) ), so yeah, it belongs there. :oops:
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

... and away we go.
-craig