Problems in dscmdexport and istool

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

HEMASEKHARVENKAT
Participant

Problems in dscmdexport and istool

Post by HEMASEKHARVENKAT »

Hi,

I am using following command for exporting of my project from client tier.

dscmdexport /H=edwpf005 /U=user /P=**** 3EDWDevMigration H:\Sekhar\3EDWDevMigration.dsx

I can able to export the project but its exporting only job designs without dependent items.

I want to export whole project (job designs + job executables + dependent items).

Is there any thing to add extra to the above command, so that i can export whole project.

And i tried to export using istool as well from client CMD using below command.

istool export -domain edwpf005 -u user -p **** -ar "H:\Sekhar\test.isx" -ds '-incdep -base="edwpf005:9080/3EDWDevMigration" Jobs/User/Test_Offshore/Filter.pjb'

While exporting job, its giving error -- Unable to log on to the datastage server. But its exported successfully three dependent items of that job.

Code: Select all

D:\IBM\InformationServer\Clients\istools\cli>istool export -domain edwpf005 -u dsadm -p **** -ar "H:\Sekhar\test.isx" -ds '-incdep -base="edwpf005:9080/3EDWDevMigration" Jobs/User/Test_Offshore/Filter.pjb'
Beginning Export
 [1/4] EDWPF005:9080/3EDWDevMigration/Jobs/User/Test_Offshore/Filter.pjb    fail
ed
  Unable to log on to the Datastage server
 [2/4] EDWPF005/3EDWDevMigration/Routines/QA/Generic/JobControl/srCommonAfterJob
Processing.srt
 [3/4] EDWPF005/3EDWDevMigration/Routines/QA/Generic/JobControl/srCommonBeforeJo
bRoutine.srt
 [4/4] EDWPF005/3EDWDevMigration/Table Definitions/Test_Offshore/Saved\lkcpacar\
Test.tbd
Elapsed time: 00:01:16
Exported 3 assets
Please help me...

Thanks,
HemaSekhar.
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

I run istool from the server (8.5 on AIX) to export whole projects. This syntax is working for me:

istool export -dom server:9080 -u isadmin -p **** -archive /path/file.isx -ds 'server/project/*/*.*' -verbose
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
HEMASEKHARVENKAT
Participant

Hi,

Now i can able to export using istool from client tier(including dependent items and executables) with below code.

istool export -dom edwpf005:9080 -u dsadm -p **** -archive H:\Sekhar\test.isx -ds  '-incdep  -incexec edwpf005/3EDWDevMigration/Jobs/User/Test_Offshore/Filter.pjb' -verbose
But in my production server i was unable to find istool, i think they were not installed ( i searched entire server for the file istool).

So i want to export using dscmdexport with job designs + job executables + dependent items.

Anybody can help me....
HemaSekhar
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

As far as I know, istool is installed by default on both client and server. I don't recall an option being there to allow one to not install istool. I like istool better because it runs on the server and it works. Even with going through support, I was unable to get dscmdexport to attach to an 8.5 DataStage project from an 8.5 client.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
HEMASEKHARVENKAT
Participant

But in my case, i was unable to see Clients folder itself in my production server. And in development server i can...

edwpf009:/opt/IBM/InformationServer> ls
PXEngine  Server
HemaSekhar
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

I don't see any options like that documented for the dscmdexport command.