Cannot Open sequential file stage

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Hope
Participant

Cannot Open sequential file stage

Post by Hope »

I am unable to open sequential file stage in Datastage. I had the same issue before.I was unable to open a funnel stage.Datastage will stop responding if I opened a funnel stage.So I had to kill the session. I uninstalled DS client on my m/c and re-installed DS Client and got rid of the issue.The same issue is now with Sequential file stage.One of my Collegue had the same issue with Stored proc stage and he did the same.uninstalled and reinstalled. I am not sure what is causing the problem but I dont think reinstalling is the solution for this kind of a problem.

Please help.

Thanks
Hope
BradMiller
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by BradMiller »

We have seen this problem when the window is opening off of the screen. This usually happnes in dual-monitor situations. Uninstalling and reinstalling will fix the issue. You can also search the forum for steps to fix the problem by cleaning up the client's registry. Or, sometimes you can attempt to move the window back onto the monitor by using keyboard commands. Try these steps:

1. Press Alt-tab until you are on the screen that won't display.
2. Press Alt-Space
3. Choose M for Move
4. the arrow keys to move it on to your monitor.
Hope
Participant

Post by Hope »

Hi Brad,

Thank you for the help. Alt-Space worked.

Hope