Global Session Properties for secure web services

Dedicated to DataStage and DataStage TX editions featuring IBM<sup>®</sup> Service-Oriented Architectures.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Global Session Properties for secure web services

Post by qt_ky »

In Information Server 8.5 on AIX, the Global Session Properties default to:

Inactive Session Timeout: 1800 seconds
Check Inactive Sessions Every: 60 seconds
Maximum Sessions: 1000

I have a SOAP over HTTP request/response web service, DataStage job published using ISD, that requires authentication (HTTP Basic Authentication), so each user request of the web service creates a session.

Each new web service session does not timeout for 30 minutes, even though the user got their web service response in a matter of milliseconds.

Does anyone think there should be logic somewhere that's smart enough to close such a session once it has sent the response?

I could lower the Inactive Session Timeout to 30 seconds, but I guess I'm worried that would cause DataStage Designer or Director sessions to get dropped when they shouldn't.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

I haven't tested this much..... are the sessions all of the same credentials, or unique credentials?
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>