Make suggestions regarding the DSX site or the Forum

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

SURA
Premium Member
Premium Member

Private Message not working properly

Post by SURA »

Hi there

In DSXchange forum Private message option is not working all the time. For some reason if i want to reach / if i want to reply via privare message, i can't. Getting timeout error.

Any guidance!

DS User
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

No real answer that I know of, there are various issues seen posting here all the time. I'd just say check your "Outbox", if it is there it actually was sent... it will be there until read at which point it moves to your "Sentbox".

If there's nothing there, just try again. When I was having issues on a regular basis, I would always do a Ctl-A / Ctl-C to make sure I didn't have to type everything over again on a failure. Kind of a PITA but better than having to compose that masterpiece all over again. :wink:

Also make sure you really should be sending a private message, if it is regarding a forum post then it probably should go into that post... i.e. public rather than private.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
SURA
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by SURA »

Hi Chulett

I sent a test message to you and got the below error

The Proxy Was Unable to Fulfill Your Request

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The proxy was unable to fulfill your request because the computer at www.dsxchange.com:80 does not appear to be functioning properly. While attempting to communicate with www.dsxchange.com:80, the proxy encountered the following error: HTTP7765: error reading response header (Server closed connection)

The website may be temporarily unavailable. If later attempts to access this website are still unsuccessful, you may wish to contact the website's administrator.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sun Java System Web Proxy Server at proxy1-xxxxxxxxxxxxx.au:8888

I may guess it may be because of Proxy server block, but it is happening while i send it from my laptop. Whereas i replied to few and they got it while in work.

DS User
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You may, of course, have bumped into a period when the DSXchange server is being backed up.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

And yet I still got the message...
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
SURA
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by SURA »

Oh ok, then i will close this thread