Double posting

Make suggestions regarding the DSX site or the Forum

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

PhilHibbs
Premium Member
Premium Member

Double posting

Post by PhilHibbs »

I've been getting quite a few double posts recently, usually I spot them and delete the second copy. I've seen the same happen to other people as well, and I'm not seeing this behaviour on any other forums. Is there a bug in the forum code?
Phil Hibbs | Capgemini
Technical Consultant
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

A long standing... "issue" at the very least, bug perhaps. The poll on the home page is related to this issue and has been there for a hell of a long time. Hopefully, the revamped DSXchange site would solve that - if it ever sees the light of day. :wink:

I know that if things hang after I press "Submit" for more than a moment or two, I'm going to end up with a multi-post. In those cases (which happen the vast majority of the time) I press the Stop button and then click on the Forum link to go back outside the current post and then pop back in to check. If I still got a double post then I delete the most recent one.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

A long standing... "issue" at the very least, bug perhaps. The poll on the home page is related to this issue and has been there for a hell of a long time. Hopefully, the revamped DSXchange site would solve that - if it ever sees the light of day. :wink:

I know that if things hang after I press "Submit" for more than a moment or two, I'm going to end up with a multi-post. In those cases (which happen the vast majority of the time) I press the Stop button and then click on the Forum link to go back outside the current post and then pop back in to check. If I still got a double post then I delete the most recent one.
-craig

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Q.E.D. :D
-craig