WCF Service support in Datastage

Dedicated to DataStage and DataStage TX editions featuring IBM<sup>®</sup> Service-Oriented Architectures.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

SURA
Premium Member
Premium Member

WCF Service support in Datastage

Post by SURA »

Hi there,
I have a corporate service written in C# and is a WCF Service which provides arrays that I have to populate with SQL Server tables using datastage. The responses returned are also in the form of arrays.

I have been experimenting with Datastage's Web Services Package with little success. I wanted to find out if somebody else has used this particular package to link with WCF services providing complex document support?

I am able to view the exposed web methods using Web Service metadata importer, but when I select a particular web method and attempt to import it, I get the following error.

An unexpected error occurred during the mapping process. Check the server is responding and that the WSDL is coherent by using the XML Meta Data Importer.

Any help/guidance will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
DS User
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Arrays can be difficult...you have to build them yourself.....and it requires that you are first very comfortable with the xmlOutput and the xmlInput Stages....

Use a SOAP testing tool (such as SOAP UI or Actional Diagnostics) and capture the exact xml of the SOAP envelope request and response structures.

step number 1.......see if you can reproduce that request envelope (to a flat file) using the xmlOutput Stage....that will then become the SOAP body that you send into the WSTransformermer using "user defined message" in the Message tab of the input link of the WSTransformer.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
SURA
Premium Member
Premium Member

Is it same in 8.5

Post by SURA »

Thanks for the response.

Just we are migrating it to 8.5. Is it same in 8.5 / any good flexibility is there?

DS User
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

...getting there...but not yet. The new xml stage in 8.5 is being enhanced further to do web services also, and be a replacement for the ws transformer and ws client....but it's still in the oven....
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>