SCD Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ankita
Participant

SCD Stage

Post by ankita »

Hi All,

I was going through the SCD related posts to understand how it works. I got few links and tutorials also, but I can't see all the tabs what is told / shown in these.
E.g. In input tab I can't see any tab like lookup, surrogate key; just have regular tabs like General, Columns, Advanced, Partitioning. Our project uses DataStage V8.1 only, so wondering if some patch is mssing to work with SCD ? I have connected with input / ouput links as guided or shown in sample.

So please help me to understand what could be missing!

Thanks,
Ankita
cfuller
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by cfuller »

Hi

IBM recently release a patch for DataStage 8.1 Fixpack2 which I have discovered corrects a lot of issues around the SCD stage, so before you do anything I would recommend applying this patch.

There are a number of tutorials around the SCD stage if you do a Google search, I used this one and found it helpful - http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/data/ ... index.html over on the IBM site. I found this one to be quite useful myself in understanding how best to use the SCD stage. Additionally, within the product documentation there is some more detailed information, and examples of usage of the stage type. It caters for both Type 1 and Type 2 SCDs, and as I have said it works OK...once the latest patch is applied. :)
Regards
Chris Fuller

"Reality is what refuses to go away when you stop believing in it"